Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET) is a multi academy trust that sponsors seven primary Free Schools across London. Our core purpose is to establish, maintain and manage state funded Free Schools.
Bellevue Place Education Trust was established as a joint venture between two organisations who are passionate about providing high quality education. These two organisations bring together the very best of the fee-paying Independent sector – Bellevue Education International Ltd – experienced in running a family of 17 independent schools in the UK, Switzerland and Qatar; with a highly-regarded education consultancy – Place Group Consulting Ltd – who have been setting up new state schools for 15 years as well as ensuring schools compliantly procure best value goods and services in order to run effective back office environments in schools.
Of the seven new schools we maintain, all have received an OfSTED inspection between July 2015 and July 2018. The outcomes are very strong, with two schools judged as ‘Good’ (Watling Park & Kilburn Grange), two have been judged as ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features (Rutherford House and Whitehall Park) and one has been judged as ‘Outstanding’ (Braywick Court School). Two further visits from July 2018 have not yet been published and are expected to be published in early September 2018.
In July 2018, 84% of pupils achieved a Good Level of Development (well above the 2017 national average of 71%) and 89% of pupils passed the phonics screening in Year 1 (above the 2017 national average of 81%). All schools had Year 2 pupils completing Key Stage 1 in 2018. On average in July 2018, 84% of pupils were at or above age-related expectations in Reading (against a national of 75% in 2017), 77% of pupils were at or above age-related expectations in Writing (against a national average of 71% in 2017) and 81% of pupils were at or above age-related expectations in Maths (against a national average of 76% in 2017). This has all been achieved by our pupils receiving a wider curriculum offer from the schools, in line with our vision.
The schools also offer a vast number of activities in our extra-curricular provision, with 167 before and after school clubs being run across the Trust in summer 2018. 80% of all our pupils take part in at least one club a week, which enriches further the broad and balanced curriculum we offer.
Further positive parental survey results in 2018
Parental support for our schools continues to improve, with another year of excellent parental survey results for the provision offered by the Trust schools.
Below is the combined total of the parental responses:
- 97% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their child enjoys coming to school
- 93% ranked their response as highly likely or likely to recommend a Bellevue Place Education Trust School to their friends
- 95% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their school’s values and attitudes have a positive effect on their child
- 94% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their school develops their child’s independence and responsibility
- 91% of parents and carers are satisfied with the leadership and management of their school
Headline facts about the Bellevue Place Education Trust
- The Trust educates 1420 pupils in seven growing Free Schools – operating at 58% of total capacity
- When the schools are full, the Trust will provide 2,430 additional primary school places across London and in Maidenhead
- All BPET schools are judged by OfSTED to be Good or better, with the following judgements:
- Rutherford House School being judged as a Good school with Outstanding features. (July 2015)
- Whitehall Park School was judged as a Good school with Outstanding personal development, behaviour and welfare. (April 2017)
- Braywick Court School was judged as an Outstanding school. (June 2017)
- Watling Park School was judged as a Good school. (May 2018)
- Kilburn Grange School was judged as a Good school. (July 2018)
- 84% of BPET pupils achieved a Good Level of Development in 2018 (well above the 2017 national average of 71%)
- The Trust employs 220 staff across seven schools. Retention is strong and includes a new stakeholder pension offer (in addition to LGPS & TPS) with a lower employee contribution, with just 20% of staff not in a pension, an increase from 32% in 2017.
- BPET maintains schools in seven Local Authority regions, which are Wandsworth, Windsor & Maidenhead, Islington, Brent, Hackney, Richmond on Thames and Barnet.
- BPET has attracted over £38.4m of capital investment in areas of basic need for new primary school places.
- The Trust is providing a new model of education, using the experiences of the Independent Schools sector, combined with the efficiency of a private sector company.