Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET) is a multi academy trust that sponsors seven primary Free Schools across London. Our core purpose is to establish, maintain and manage state funded Free Schools.
All Bellevue Place Education Trust schools are focused to deliver high quality education provision in areas where there is a shortage of primary school places.
Bellevue Place Education Trust was established as a joint venture between two organisations who are passionate about providing high quality education. These two organisations bring together the very best of the fee-paying Independent sector – Bellevue Education International Ltd – experienced in running a family of 17 independent schools in the UK, Switzerland and Qatar; with a highly-regarded education consultancy – Place Group Consulting Ltd – who have been setting up new state schools for 15 years as well as ensuring schools compliantly procure best value goods and services in order to run effective back office environments in schools.
Of the seven new schools we maintain, three have received an OfSTED inspection, with two (Rutherford House and Whitehall Park) being judged as providing a Good education with outstanding elements, and most recently, Braywick Court School which received an Outstanding rating.
As of July 2017, 81% of pupils achieved a Good Level of Development (above 2016 national of 66%) and 88% of pupils passed the phonics screening in Year 1 (above 2016 national of 81%). Three schools also had Year 2 pupils take the SATs test this year. On average, 88% passed in maths (against a national of 75% in 2017), 88% passed in Reading (against a national of 71% in 2017) and 81% passed the writing test (against a national of 76% in 2017). This has all been achieved by our pupils receiving a wider curriculum offer from the schools, in line with our vision.
In addition to the academic achievements of the seven schools, five will be have a full intake in September 2017, three schools are oversubscribed with 1st choices. Parental support for our schools is also very high, with a parental survey in May 2017 showing that 92% of our parents are likely or very likely to recommend the school to a friend.
The schools also offer a vast number of before and after school clubs, with our first school, Rutherford House, for example providing 61 clubs a week to their pupils. 80% of all our pupils take part in at least one club a week, which enriches further the broad and balanced curriculum we offer.
Further positive parental survey results in 2017
Parental support for our schools continues to improve, with another year of excellent parental survey results for the provision offered by the Trust schools. Over 450 parents from our 800 pupils responded to the survey – our best engagement yet!
Below is the combined total of the parental responses:
- 97% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their child enjoys coming to school
- 92% ranked their response as highly likely or likely to recommend a Bellevue Place Education Trust School to their friends
- 95% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that the school’s values and attitudes have a positive effect on their child
- 97% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that the school develops their child’s independence and responsibility
- 92% of parents and carers are satisfied with the leadership and management of the school
Headline facts about the Bellevue Place Education Trust
- The Trust educates 1100 pupils in the seven growing Free Schools – operating at 45% of total capacity (from Sept 17)
- When the schools are full, the Trust will provide 2,730 additional primary school places across London and in Maidenhead
- Three schools have received OfSTED inspections:
- Rutherford House School being judged as a Good School with outstanding features. (July 2015)
- Whitehall Park School was judged as a Good School with outstanding personal development, behaviour and welfare. (April 2017)
- Braywick Court School was judged as an Outstanding school. (June 2017)
- 81% of BPET pupils achieved a Good Level of Development (above 2016 national of 66%) as of July 2017
- BPET maintains schools in seven Local Authority regions, which includes Wandsworth, Windsor & Maidenhead, Islington, Brent, Hackney, Richmond on Thames and Barnet.
- BPET has attracted over £38.4m of capital investment in areas of basic need for new primary school places.
- The Trust is providing a new model of education, using the experiences of the Independent School sector, combined with the efficiency of a private sector company.