Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET) is a multi academy trust that sponsors seven primary Free Schools across London and the South-East. Our core purpose is to establish, maintain and manage state funded Free Schools.
All Bellevue Place Education Trust schools are focused to deliver high quality education provision in areas where there is a shortage of primary school places.
Bellevue Place Education Trust was established as a joint venture between two organisations who are passionate about providing high quality education. These two organisations bring together the very best of the fee-paying Independent sector – Bellevue Education Ltd – experienced in running a family of 15 independent schools in the UK and Switzerland; with a highly-regarded education consultancy – Place Group – who have been setting up new state schools for 15 years as well as ensuring schools compliantly procure best value goods and services in order to run effective back office environments in schools.
Of the seven new schools we maintain, one has received an OfSTED rating of Good with outstanding features. Overall the 500 pupils across our schools are achieving some excellent outcomes. 79% of the reception aged pupils achieved a Good Level of Development (GLD) in 2016, which is well above the national average in 2015 of 65%. In addition to this, 88% of the Year 1 pupil passed their phonic test, which is also well above the 2015 national average of 77%. This has all been achieved by our pupils receiving a wider curriculum offer from the schools, in line with our vision.
The schools also offer a vast number of before and after school clubs, with our first school, Rutherford House, for example providing 44 clubs a week to their pupils. 80% of all our pupils take part in at least one club a week, which enriches further the broad and balanced curriculum we offer.
Our parents are our greatest advocates for the schools, with the last parental survey in June 2016 showing that 97% of parents and carers agree or strongly agree that their child enjoys coming to school and 90% said that they are likely or highly likely to recommend their school to their friends. We are thrilled with these responses and thank the parents who took part in the survey.
Headline facts about the Bellevue Place Education Trust
- The Trust educates 499 pupils in the seven growing Free Schools we operate
- When full, the Trust will provide 2,730 additional primary school places across London and in Maidenhead
- The first BPET Free School to open, Rutherford House, was judged by OfSTED as a Good School with outstanding features (outstanding in SMSC, curriculum and SEN provision) in its inspection on 1 & 2 July 2015.
- Across the three BPET schools which were open in 2014/15, on average, 86% of BPET pupils in reception achieved a Good Level of Development (national average in 2015 was 65%).
- BPET sponsors schools in seven Local Authority regions, which includes Wandsworth, Windsor & Maidenhead, Islington, Brent, Hackney, Richmond on Thames and Barnet.
- BPET has attracted over £38.4m of capital investment in areas of basic need for new primary school places.
- The Trust is providing a new model of education, using the experiences of the Independent School sector, combined with the efficiency of a private sector company.