Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET) is a multi-academy trust which supports 11 primary schools across London and Berkshire.
Our vision is to deliver the highest standards of education, blended from the best of the state and independent sectors. We want all children we serve to Learn, Enjoy, Succeed.
All our schools have been judged by Ofsted to be Good, with four judged as Outstanding. Pupil achievement is high, driven by a broad and balanced curriculum delivered across all schools. In addition, we offer 229 extended school activities every week, with 74% of pupils attending at least one club a week.
We are an educational charity set up by two organisations passionate about providing high quality education provision: Bellevue Education Ltd – experienced in running a family of 25 independent schools in the UK and Europe – with a highly-regarded education consultancy, Place Group, experienced in driving value for money and compliance. We are proud to offer an exciting model of education, using the experiences of the independent schools sector, combined with the efficiency of a private sector company, and offer this to all children via state schools.
BPET key facts
- We educate 3,680 pupils
- 90% of BPET school places are full in the Reception 2024 intake, with 82% of school places filled by parents selecting the school as their first choice
- We employ 575 staff in total. Retention is strong and includes a stakeholder pension offer (in addition to LGPS & TPS) with a lower employee contribution, with just 8% of teacher and 17% of support staff not in a pension in 2020/21
- We support schools in nine local authorities: Wandsworth, Windsor & Maidenhead, Islington, Brent, Hackney, Richmond on Thames, Reading, Barnet and Wokingham
- We have a strong Board of Trustees which sets out clear delegation principles, defining responsibilities retained by the Board and those delegated to the CEO, Local Advisory Boards (Governing Bodies) & Headteachers
- Schools and the Board are supported by a Central Team, providing support for Governance, Estates, Legal, Finance, School Improvement, HR, IT and Marketing
- There are high quality systems across all schools for pupil attendance, staff records and pupil tracking and a financial oversight
- We have attracted over £38.4m of capital investment in areas of basic need for new primary school places and won a Condition Improvement Fund bid of £200K in 2020/2.