Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET) is a multi academy trust that sponsors seven primary Free Schools across London. Our core purpose is to establish, maintain and manage state funded Free Schools.
Background on BPET
Bellevue Place Education Trust was established as a joint venture between two organisations who are passionate about providing high quality education. These two organisations bring together the very best of the fee-paying Independent sector – Bellevue Education International Ltd – experienced in running a family of 23 independent schools in the UK, France and Switzerland; with a highly-regarded education consultancy – Place Group Consulting Ltd – who have been setting up new state schools for 15 years as well as ensuring schools compliantly procure best value goods and services in order to run effective back office environments in schools.
All BPET schools are judged as either Good or Outstanding by OfSTED.
- Three are Good Schools (Watling Park, Kilburn Grange and Halley House)
- Two are Good with outstanding features (Rutherford House and Whitehall Park); and
- Two are judged as Outstanding (Braywick Court and Deer Park School)
Our pupils continue to achieve strong outcomes across our schools.
- 80%of pupils across the seven BPET schools achieved a Good Level of Development, 8% above the 2019 national average of 72%
- 91% of pupils passed the phonics screening in Year 1 – 9% above the 2019 national average of 82%.
At the end of Key Stage 1 (Year 2) in 2019, pupils achieved 6% above the national average in Reading, Writing and maths with:
- 82% of pupils were at or above age-related expectations in Reading (against a national of 76% in 2019),
- 75% of pupils were at or above age-related expectations in Writing (against a national average of 69% in 2019) and
- 81% of pupils were at or above age-related expectations in Maths (against a national average of 75% in 2019).
Our first year of Key Stage 2 results will come in July 2020!
Great outcomes that has been achieved by our pupils receiving a rich and board curriculum offer, taught with an exciting approach with reasoning and critical thinking at the heart of our approach in line with the BPET vision.
BPET schools also offer a vast number of activities in our extra-curricular provision, with 231 before and after school clubs being run across BPET school in summer 2019. 77% of all our pupils take part in at least one club a week, which enriches further the broadens their access to a rich curriculum. As one pupil put it, “the clubs really enrich my learning”.
Positive parental survey results in 2019
Parental support for our schools continues to be very positive, following our annual parents survey across all the school.
- 95% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their child enjoys coming to school
- 93% ranked their response as highly likely or likely to recommend their BPET school to friends
- 94% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their school’s values and attitudes have a positive effect on their child
- 92% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their school develops their child’s independence and responsibility
- 88% of parents and carers are satisfied with the leadership and management of their school
These survey results are important to use and the feedback goes into our planning for the next academic year, ensuring the educational offer meets the needs for the community we serve.
Headline facts about the Bellevue Place Education Trust
- BPET educates 1710 pupils in seven growing Free Schools – operating at 68% of total capacity in 2019/20.
- When the schools are full, the Trust will provide 2,520 additional primary school places across London and in Maidenhead
- All BPET schools are judged by OfSTED to be Good or Outstanding, with the following judgements:
- Rutherford House School being judged as a Good school with Outstanding features. (July 2015). A monitoring inspection is June 2019 confirmed this judgement and stated as the school has grown from 4 to 14 classes, it has also ‘significantly improved’.
- Whitehall Park School was judged as a Good school with Outstanding personal development, behaviour and welfare. (April 2017)
- Braywick Court School was judged as an Outstanding school. (June 2017)
- Watling Park School was judged as a Good school. (May 2018)
- Kilburn Grange School was judged as a Good school. (July 2018)
- Deer Park School was judged as an Outstanding school. (July 2018)
- Halley House School was judged as a Good school. (July 2018)
- 80% of BPET pupils achieved a Good Level of Development in 2019 (well above the 2019 national average of 72%)
- The Trust employs 260 staff across seven schools. Retention is strong and includes a new stakeholder pension offer (in addition to LGPS & TPS) with a lower employee contribution, with just 12% of teacher and 21% of support staff not in a pension in 2018/19
- BPET maintains schools in seven Local Authority regions, which are Wandsworth, Windsor & Maidenhead, Islington, Brent, Hackney, Richmond on Thames and Barnet.
- BPET has attracted over £38.4m of capital investment in areas of basic need for new primary school places.
- BPET is providing a new model of education, using the experiences of the Independent Schools sector, combined with the efficiency of a private sector company.