Bellevue Place Education Trust is a multi academy trust maintains nine primary Schools across London and Berkshire. Our core purpose is to maintain successful state funded Schools.
Background on Bellevue Place Education Trust
Bellevue Place was established as a joint venture between two organisations who are passionate about providing high quality education. These two organisations bring together the very best of the fee-paying Independent sector – Bellevue Education International Ltd – experienced in running a family of 25 independent schools in the UK, France and Switzerland; with a highly-regarded education consultancy – Place Group Consulting Ltd – who have been setting up new state schools for 15 years as well as ensuring schools compliantly procure best value goods and services in order to run effective back office environments in schools.
OfSTED judges all Bellevue Place schools as either Good or better, with three being judged Outstanding.
- Three are Good Schools (Watling Park, Kilburn Grange , Halley House and Whiteknights)
- Two are Good with outstanding features (Rutherford House and Whitehall Park); and
- Three are judged as Outstanding (Braywick Court, Deer Park School and Evendons Primary School)
Our pupils continue to achieve strong outcomes across our schools. Even though all primary assessment tests were suspended in summer 2021 due to the COVID-19 lockdown, BPET conducted the following school Key Stage 2 assessments across the four schools with Year 6 pupils.
At the end of Key Stage 2 (Year 6) in 2021, pupils achieved 5% above the (pre-COVID) national average in Reading, Writing and maths with:
- 81% of pupils were at or above expected in Reading – 8% above national of 73% in 2020;
- 78% of pupils were at or above expected in Writing – same as the national in 2020;
- 80% of pupils were at or above expected in Maths – 1% above the national of 79% in 2020.
These great outcomes have been achieved by our pupils receiving a rich and broad curriculum offer, taught with an exciting approach with reasoning and critical thinking at the heart of our approach in line with the BPET vision.
BPET schools also offers a vast number of activities in our extra-curricular provision, with 228 before and after school clubs being run across Bellevue Place schools. 58% of all our pupils take part in at least one club a week, which further enriches their access to a wide curriculum offer. This is lower than usual, due to the COVID restrictions on provision.
Positive parental survey results in 2021
Parental support for our schools continues to be very positive, following our annual parents survey across all Bellevue Place schools.
- 96% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their child enjoys coming to school (down 1%)
- 89% ranked their response as highly likely or likely to recommend their school to friends (down 5%)
- 93% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their school’s values and attitudes have a positive effect on their child (down 5%)
- 91% of parents and carers strongly agree or agree that their school develops their child’s independence and responsibility (down 6%)
- 86% of parents and carers are satisfied with the leadership and management of their school (down 9%)
These survey results are important to use and the feedback goes into our planning for the next academic year, ensuring the educational offer meets the needs for the communities we serve.
Headline facts about the Bellevue Place Education Trust
- Bellevue Place educates 2,896 pupils in nine schools.
- At capacity, Bellevue Place school’s will provide 3,204 primary and nursery school places across London and Berkshire.
- All Bellevue Place schools are judged by OfSTED to be Good with three judged as Outstanding, with the following judgements:
- Rutherford House School being judged as a Good school with Outstanding features in July 2015. A monitoring inspection in June 2019 confirmed this judgement, acknowledging the school has ‘significantly improved’ since the last inspection.
- Whitehall Park School was judged as a Good school with Outstanding personal development, behaviour and welfare in April 2017.
- Braywick Court School was judged as an Outstanding school in June 2017.
- Watling Park School was judged as a Good school in May 2018.
- Kilburn Grange School was judged as a Good school in July 2018.
- Deer Park School was judged as an Outstanding school in July 2018.
- Halley House School was judged as a Good school in July 2018.
- Evendons Primary School was judged as an Outstanding school in June 2017
- Whiteknights Primary School was judged as a Good School in September 2014. A monitoring inspection in December 2018 confirmed this judgement, acknowledging the school has ‘significantly improved’ since the last inspection.
- Bellevue Place employs 425 staff across nine schools. Retention is strong and includes a stakeholder pension offer (in addition to LGPS & TPS) with a lower employee contribution, with just 8% of teacher and 17% of support staff not in a pension in 2020/21
- Bellevue Place maintains schools in eight Local Authority regions, which includes Wandsworth, Windsor & Maidenhead, Islington, Brent, Hackney, Richmond on Thames, Barnet and Wokingham.
- Bellevue Place has attracted over £38.4m of capital investment in areas of basic need for new primary school places and won a Condition Improvement Fund bid of £200K in 2020/21.
- Bellevue Place is providing an exciting model of education, using the experiences of the Independent Schools sector, combined with the efficiency of a private sector company.